fredag 17 december 2010

It's Swenglish, baby!

I always forget that whenever I get acquainted with new people I need to introduce them to my way of speaking. First there is some puzzlement regarding my pronunciatin since I take after my mother and have an atypical accent for the part of Sweden where I was born and raised, but that's nothing compared to the Swenglish! I use so much english in my Swedish that recently at work people have a hard time understanding me and ask me to rephrase it in swedish. I've tried to restrict it but I don't even notice myself doing it anymore. At work they seem to think it's some kind of linguistic jet-lag from living abroad, I won't smash this misconception since it sounds better then the reality where I've simply spent too much time in front of the telly.

Inga kommentarer: